WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friends for life....

There is a unique bond Soldiers build amongst one another. Some don't get along well with others, but once you find that friend you can rely on, you can talk to, your always going to hang onto that. And when you see your friend falling, you'ld sacrifice yourself to catch them. Even if it means sacrificing the friendship.

It takes true heart to give everything of yourself to your friends. We may not be in combat but we are still combating that which rages war in our minds. And when we see our friends taking a hit, we'll jump on that grenade to protect them. That's what we do. It's not just a Soldier thing. But it's that eternal bond we as friends carry.

I pray for the friend whose suffering all alone right now. I was unable to visit due to my Soldiers departing for Afghanistan, I tried to make it but visiting hours were over. I feel terrible, I want to be there for that person and I pray that they are getting good treatment. The treatment they have been begging for and yet haven't received.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope to visit with you tomorrow. Keep your head up and remember you have friends who love and cherish you and would step on that landmine and take your place if it meant protecting you from the demons that haunt you.

Much love Powerade, Old Sarge is pulling for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you , that really meaned alot to me :)

    ReplyDelete