WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nerve damage

So today I determined I have nerve damage in my right arm. I was sitting in the waiting area just waiting for my appointment and my arm went numb. Wasn't doing anything special, been nursing it all day cuz I must have done something yesterday (probably cuz my dumbass decided to mow the lawn). And so, I'll be sure to let the doc know about that one. I hate it when I am able to see this shit and yet they still haven't figured out what the hell's wrong? WTF?

So, today I did some research on how to go about getting my dog certified as a therapy dog. I was given a very good idea, getting certified as a trainer myself and using my dogs to help others going through what I'm going through....by taking them to the R&R Center for my counselor to use with some of their other patients. So, I'm doing alot of digging into this. This just might be exactly what I need......I love animals and I love helping others, put that together and it just might make my life far easier to cope with. We shall see, I'll definitely keep everyone posted as I am sure alot of you are interested in these awesome dogs. As of right now, it's difficult to get a therapy dog funded by VA strictly for PTSD however, their working on it. There's a few pilot programs that are being put in place, and that's what I'm looking into. I intend to take part and I know Kelsy and Mahalo would love to share their time with other veterans in need.

Thanks for stopping by, todays blogs cut short due to lack of sleep lol. GN All.

No comments:

Post a Comment