WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Medication to sleep

I often wonder if medication is the answer. Then I realized while I was home on leave in Michigan.....yeah it is. Critical! I ran out of my meds (refilled one, forgot to refill the rest) about a week into the visit. I was up before my mom (which never happens lol) and off and running to the animal shelter.

After coming back here and waiting for them to get refills put in quickly, I think I slept 4 hours in a weeks time. Now that I'm all refilled and back on the routine of these meds, I sit here waiting for my eyes to go crosseyed so that when I do lay in bed, i'm toast. I don't like how this makes me feel but I have to deal with it and remember that eventually I will be able to get past the insomnia part....its just a slow going process.

Just about to call it a night, since the meds are starting to kick in. I only pray these nightmares don't haunt me tonight. Cuz if they do, I'm going to have one hell of a day.

I think I'm going to ask to go to Thomas Moore clinic for this heart problem, not sure what they will do for me. I have flutters of the heart, like palpatations, at random times. I need them to put a monitor for at least a week. Then perhaps they'll see it when it comes. It sucks, feels like if my heart beat any faster, it explode of out my chest. Then I get those chest pains, making it hard to take deep breathes and here I am trying to do my relaxation exercise that requires me taking deep breathes. If this doesn't settle down, I may end up in the ER. I hate when this stuff pops up, have dealt with it on long knows how many occassions. And yet, of course when I go to the doc about it, it wont do it then. EKG won't see it if i'm at normal rythm. they need to put me on a monitor so they can see it when i lay down or when the chest pains hit. Wonder if the case manager can put in a request to the doc for that...I think I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment