WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What do you do when you feel useless?

What do you do when your taken out of your element and placed in a position where you have no position? What do you do to cope with the drastic change? How do you deal with the change in mission? Who do you report to when something doesn't seem right?

These are questions I often ask myself. I've found something to do....I'm working with my dog every day, getting her trained to be a Therapy Dog. That's a challenge but well worth it in the end.

I cope with the change by finding something to do (i.e. training my dog) and keeping this blog. I know no other way to cope than to keep myself occupied with something constructive.

Now the real question is who do I turn to when I feel like somethings not right? Seems as though it would be pointless to turn to my chain of command if ALL the WTU's in the Army seem to have the same issues. So, really, who do we turn to? Well, I'm still trying to figure that out. But one thing I know for certain, these blogs will definitely be very useful when the time comes.

I am disappointed in how things are being operated but is it really my place to tell my leadership that? I'd have to say yes. Will it change anything? Highly doubtful, not at this level if its an Army wide problem. So, I'm seeking out some people of "interest" for when the time does come, I will provide this blog...and I suggest others do the same...when they feel the time is right.

Yes, we're protected under the "Whistle blowers" act however, we all know how the Army treats us even if we're "protected". So, the timing has to be right. Otherwise, it'll turn around and bite us in the a$$es when we're trying to ensure we're just taken care of. Which is rather unfortunate to be quite honest.

All I want to do is make my transition, in the smoothest way possible and as soon as possible. The last thing I need is to be held back for some hearing against III Corps or the Army.....or is it? You know, I'm not real sure. Should I become a vocal advocate for these Soldiers? Perhaps I should, but I think I will just keep this lovely blog here and encourage my battle buddies to do the same. When that DD214 is in my hand, I will become a very vocal advocate for those still stuck in the WTU. I think it wise to go that route. So I tap my foot due to the lack of patience while I wait for them to complete the MEB and hand me my walking papers. I except a few individuals to be joining me on this mission....when their ready.

1 comment:

  1. Keep blogging. I think it will be very helpful for you. Please know people to care about you and the sacrifices you have had to endure.

    ReplyDelete