WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Log your days.....

I advise everyone at the WTB to keep a diary of their daily life at the unit. Ok, so the blog is sort of a diary, and yet, not the type of diary I'm speaking of.

In order to make change in the Army, i.e. when filing a complaint with the I.G., seeing documentation of the action that led to the complaint.

So, my advise to everyone having issues, to keep a daily log of everything that you do while at the WTU. The good and the bad folks. Document both. Because it is truly very important not to mess with the jobs of those who are working hard for you. So be sure to document both. It is critical.

I wish no ill will on my immediate chain of command, because they have been supportive of me since my arrival at the WTB. It's the stuff the higher ups are making the cadre have us do, and the cadre really has no choice but to comply. I mean yes, maybe they could fight for us, but at the same time, I understand why they might not think they could. Some of these details they put us on, are typical of regular Army units.....for the lowest ranking individuals within the ranks. These details are known to most Soldiers in the Army as the shit details. So, answer me this question, why are Soldiers who are not in trouble doing the shit details? Just curious. Yet, I don't blame the leaders for not fighting the battle because in a sense, I could see why they would think it would be a losing battle. Yet, I'm standing up and voicing my concerns regardless. If it doesn't change things, I at least tried. But I am hoping it does set the course for positive change at the WTB. Because these Soldiers deserve much better than what their currently getting.

So, because of things like this, I highly suggest the Soldiers log their daily activities while at the WTU so that their concerns can be heard. If I have to be the one to voice everyones concerns, I will do it. I just worry about how my MEB will turn out because of it. So, I'm kinda doing it behind a black screen in the meantime.

Old Sarge out

No comments:

Post a Comment