WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

My father

Its looking like my father's losing his battle with cancer and pneumonia. He's been in the hospital with pneumonia for a week now and my mom's been called back to the hospital...her presence is needed per the doc. He's deteriorating and I'm stuck here in Texas unable to get there fast enough. What I wouldn't give to be there right now. It's not looking good and my mom's all alone. Granted, her sisters with her, but still. I feel helpless here. I can't do anything. I can't jump in the car and be there in 20 minutes. I have to wait for the Army to let me go....so at minimum I'm stuck here lying in wait til tomorrow at the earliest...if I can get a ticket out of my own pocket (which I can't) or until after I receive an AER loan on monday. My chances of getting there in time are probably pretty slim. :( Keep him in your prayers please....he needs all the prayers he can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment