WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Taking care of Soldiers/Each other

As an NCO, I have learned over the course of the last 7 years, that Soldiers need leaders who will stand up for them and protect them from the stupidity. It is important for a Soldier to be able to trust in their leadership. Otherwise, when push comes to shove, you know which Soldiers won't have your back, the one's you left in the dust.

It is also important to know the regulations and understand the policies put in place before you step on your Soldiers toes. It is our duty to locate the policies and read them. It is our duty to know them. And it is our duty as leaders to ensure that our Soldiers are aware of these regulations as well. And protect our Soldiers with these regulations and policies that were put in place to protect them.

Just voicing my opinion. That is all I am doing. No one is mentioned here so there should be no retaliation for this post. To be fair, I felt it necessary to remove some of my blogs. This is in an effort to come to a compromise. Why? Because the issues I addressed on here, are being addressed by the leadership of the WTU. So, to be fair, I will remove them from the public domain in hopes that it's a suitable compromise?

I do not wish to make my blog private because there are many Soldiers, past and present, who suffer from PTSD and therefore I do not wish to prevent them from having a place to go to see that their not alone. I cannot do that. I am all about helping people and even if its a complete stranger. So, I will continue to allow my blog to be public and to be fair, I will give the leadership of the WTU an opportunity to rectify the issues I have brought to light and I will keep those issues off this blog. Is that a fair enough compromise? Since I now know that our blogs are being monitored.

While I understand that some wish to monitor and report others, I have never made any statements that would result in my being reported to the chain of command. There is no reason why I should be seeing anyone in the chain of command in regards to this blog. I only have this blog to help fellow Soldiers understand that they are not alone and bring awareness to PTSD and what it does to us.

Old Sarge Out!

1 comment:

  1. Many standing ovations, Old Sarge. I wish I could say more, however recently, I was "snitched " on because of something I said in my blog. It was blown out of porportion and I had to explain to them that it was just a way for me to vent my frustrations and anger. As an experienced writer it's a means of relief for me to throw out there the trials and travesties that is the cross that some of us bear. What would make someone take it out of context and report it is, in itself, a breach of trust. Sadly, trust is uncommon for those of us around these parts and once it's broken you can't fix it. But, then again it shows who are your friends and who aren't. Keep truckin', old sarge!

    ReplyDelete