WARNING: This site contains emotionally charged and graphic accounts of my experiences concerning combat PTSD. Some posts may trigger someone suffering from a trauma-based disorder and others may equally be affected!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Insomnia........concern/fear for others

Well, yesterday I got a few texts from a friend. They were suffering from panic attacks. I contacted their leadership to try to get them help. And I had to take my medication so I lost all communication with the world (thanks to the medications). I woke at 1am to 4 missed calls from their leadership and no texts from them.

Well, I figured, I'm wide awake now--thank you insomnia---so I gathered up my dog Kelsy and drove to the WTU. I text my friend to let them know I was there, even though I figured they were surely knocked out.

I wound up falling asleep in the back of my car with Kelsy, from around 3am until about 7. Still nothing from my friend. I remained concerned but I knew I had to go home, as I had two other dogs who needed to be let out. Shortly after I arrived home, I received a text that all was well. So, I took advantage of the opportunity to take a nap.

The dream I had, while I usually don't remember much when I wake, pretty much told me I needed to get home and soon. Mind you, I have been in for 14 years and therefore would never make the mistake of leaving on the wrong terms. But, I do know that I need to get home as soon as I am able. The dream consisted of so many different scenarios but the one that stood out the most was the work I did was the shelter my mom operates. We had a conversation yesterday about how full the shelter is at the moment. And in my dream I was on foot, transporting 4 animals to the shelter from god knows where. Folks who are not animal loves may just be scratching their head right now but to me this made me sad. Because of the number of animals that were along the route--the ones that were left behind--and the number that were at the shelter when I arrived. Overflowing. My analysis of this dream is my mom (she is the shelter--in my eyes) is overwhelmed and needs help, needs a release, someone she can rely on to ease her stress. So, I need to get home. And soon.

That is all for now......

Old Sarge Out!

1 comment: